As you discovered in the previous video, the video element needs to be told what video to play. This is the job of the source attribute. In this video, learn that you need to include fallback content if the browser is not HTML5 compliant.
- [Instructor] In the previous exercise…you learned where to place the video tags…in the HTML5 code.…You also discovered these tags are…useless if they don't point to a video.…Now the tags, as we remember, are placed…between the body tags and they're right here.…Now, in this exercise, what we're…going to do, is we're going to add a video…but we're also going to discover…simply adding a video source can be a problem.…The video we will be using is an MP4…file of the beach at Silomar, California.…Now, I'm gonna pop over to the exercise folder…because there's something important…I want to show you.…
You will notice there is a video folder…inside the exercise folder.…And if I open it, you'll see there's…the file we're going to be pointing to.…The Silomar video.…If you are new to web video, it is a best practice…to place the video content in a separate folder…rather than having all of the content…sitting in the root folder.…This way, you know where everything is located.…With that out of the way, let's get started.…And to get yourself started, open the file…
- Key video formats used to publish on the web
- Encoding video that's optimized for online delivery
- HTML5 native video embedding and interaction
- Styling video components with CSS
- Captioning video
- Preparing video for social media
- Using Dynamic Link
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: HTML Background Videowith Chris Converse28m 35s Beginner
Web Video: Develop Your Video Presencewith Rick Allen Lippert41m 54s Appropriate for all
Web Video: Makeup Techniqueswith Rick Allen Lippert25m 47s Appropriate for all
Exercise files1m 11s
1. Web Video Formats
2. Encoding Video
3. HTML5 and Video
4. Video and CSS
5. Playing with Video
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.