Motion is not linear. It does not move from "here to there." Learn how easing adds fluidity to motion by adding acceleration and deceleration to the object as it moves from "here to there."
- [Instructor] Motion is never constant…or as we have referred to it in this context linear.…Objects accelerate at the start, get up to speed,…and then when they come down to the end they decelerate.…In After Effects, this is known as easing.…Acceleration is ease in and deceleration is ease out.…Any motion involved in any micro interaction…must have easing applied.…Where After Effects really shines…is the ability to control easing…at what seems to be a granular level.…
Let's see how that works.…To get yourselves started,…open the 03 easing file found in your download.…And again, we have our little Twitter icon.…Only this time we're going to apply easing to the motion.…Now if you're not seeing your keyframes here,…what I want you to do is just select the layer…and press the U key…and now you can see the keyframes.…So to apply easing,…what you do is you hold down your Shift key,…select your keyframes,…and right click on a keyframe,…come to the keyframe assistant pop down here…and apply what's called Easy Ease.…
Now you'll notice that the diamonds have now changed.…
- Prototyping motion
- Using the Graph Editor
- Working with shapes and masks
- Supporting tap, press, and swipe gestures
- Handling pinch and spread gestures
- Designing patterns
- Making navigation, buttons, and breadcrumbs
- Creating progress bars
- Working with modals, menus, and cards
- Zooming content
- Making a floating action button
- Handling text input and cursors
Skill Level Beginner
Modular UX Design with Photoshopwith Jesse Freeman48m 8s Advanced
1. Microinteraction Fundamentals
2. The Common Gestures
3. Design Patterns
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.