Join Chris Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video The magic tempos, part of After Effects Apprentice: 16 Creating a Medical Opening Title.
- [Instructor] If possible, before we start animating a job,…we'd love to get the music.…The music and the tempo and beats in that music…can give us a nice animation grid…for where to place cuts, keyframes, et cetera.…When a composer creates music for you and your project,…there are some specific tempos or speeds…that they can use that will make your life a lot easier.…We call these the magic tempos,…and indeed, if you have access to the Exercise Files,…there's a folder called Bonus Content…that includes a PDF called Magic Tempos.…
In it, we describe the philosophy…of how the tempo of music maps to frames…inside your animation, and on the second page,…we give you a table of what we call the magic tempos,…where specific beats per minute,…the tempo that musicians like to think of,…map to very clean, even frames per beat,…the spacing in frames in between the beats.…We gave this list to our musician ahead of time…and said, "Please pick one of these tempos for the music."…Now it so happens that the subject of this project…
The After Effects Apprentice series was created by Trish and Chris Meyer. These tutorials are designed for After Effects CS4 through CC, and can be used on their own or as a companion to the Meyer's book, After Effects Apprentice.
- Animating to music
- Arranging layers in 3D space
- Performing time stretches
- Working with 3D camera tracking
- Typesetting and animating text
- Adding effects like drop shadows and motion blur
- Creating and animating shape layers
- Building and delivering a broadcast package
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Apprentice: 14 Shape Layerswith Chris Meyer2h 20m Intermediate
The Creative Spark: Title Case, Typographic Artisanswith Jessica Hische28m 31s Appropriate for all
1. Roughing Out the Spot
2. Building the Hero Shot and Title
3. Creating Video Frames Using Shape Layers
4. Dressing Up the Background
5. Finalizing the Proof
6. Delivering the Results
7. Idea Corners
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.