Join Chris Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video eyedesyn's Text Edge Pro, part of Creating Flying Logos with After Effects and Cinema 4D Lite.
- One of limitations of using Cinema 4D Lite…to extrude flying logos…is that you have a limited number of Bevel styles.…If you remember, if I select my Extrusion Object,…and go to Caps,…I basically had the flat Linear,…Convex,…and Concave,…bent out and bent in,…and a few sort of chiseled looks,…something that's slightly inset,…something that's more deeply inset,…and a couple very rectangular set patterns on the faces.…
Well there's a very popular plugin…for Cinema 4D and Cinema 4D Lite…called Text Edge Pro,…from a company called eyedesyn,…D-E-S-Y-N.…And you'll see you can get…quite a few different looks using Text Edge Pro.…A lot of work's been done…with texturing as well on these objects,…as well as a nifty modeling, but you get the idea,…there's a lot of possibilities here.…So I wanted to give you just a really quick demo…of how you would use Text Edge Pro…so you can get a feel for whether or not…you'd like to get it as well.…
I'm gonna switch back to my default camera…so I don't mess up my animation.…I'm gonna temporarily turn off my Extruded Obejcts,…
- Preparing the logo in Adobe Illustrator
- Importing, extruding, and beveling the logo
- Simple texturing using material presets
- Key and fill lighting
- Keyframing a camera move
- Compositing in After Effects
- Rendering for video or the web
Skill Level Beginner
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 26m Intermediate
1. Preparing the Files
2. Importing and Extruding the Logo
3. Lighting and Texturing the Logo
4. Animating and Rendering
5. Going Further
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.