Join Chris Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video Workspace bar, part of After Effects CC 2015 New Features.
- One of the more significant user interface changes…in the new version of After Effects is a change…to the way that we work with workspaces.…Previously, there used to be a workspace menu…up here in the upper right that you would click on…and choose a specific workspace.…You can also still access those old parameters…underneath Window > Workspace…to choose a workspace, save a new one,…or reset to the original layout.…However, now we have this workspace bar.…By default, it shows you three of what they expect…to be the most common workspaces.…Now there is an overflow menu for workspaces.…
It gives you additional options for the workspaces,…as well as the ability to edit which workspaces…appear in that bar, and in what order they appear.…You can also change how wide the workspace bar is.…You can go ahead and reveal more of the defaults.…Some of you may prefer to see more choices.…Some of you might think that's getting…a little bit crowded, and creates a distraction.…You can reduce it back down to their basic three.…
Check back often for updates. New chapters will be added each time Adobe releases a major After Effects update.
- Preview options
- Editing a project without stopping preview playback
- Navigating the CC Libraries workflows
- Moving animations from Adobe Character Animator to After Effects
- Using expressions to dynamically measure facial dimensions
- Setting up layers in CINEWARE and CINEMA 4D Lite
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 12/01/2015. What changed?
A: We added 11 movies covering the fall 2015 updates to After Effects CC (v13.6), including the new start screen, preview updates, Creative Cloud Libraries import, new effects, and multitouch gestures.