Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with keyframes, part of After Effects CC 2018: Editors and Post Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Setting keyframes to create…an animation inside of After Effects…is just as straightforward as it is in Premiere.…However, you have a greater degree of freedom and ability…to manipulate those keyframes in After Effects.…Adjusting the keyframes of more than one property…across more than one layer at a time…is a big difference between After Effects and Premiere.…Here, we'll build a little title reveal…and look how we can easily scale, reverse,…and retime those keyframes in the timeline.…So, this composition has four layers…and a background layer, and, when I preview,…you'll see that three of those layers…come in from the bottom and move off to the top.…
They also go from black and white into color.…And this last layer over here on the right hand side…doesn't move at all, so that's what we're going to animate.…We're also going to retime some of the color effects,…so that they time out better.…And we'll also introduce our logo at the end,…so that we can have a little reveal.…So, let's take a look at the keyframes that we have here.…
- Linking Premiere Pro and After Effects dynamically
- Navigating timeline layers
- Working with keyframes
- Precomping elements
- Animating mask reveals and tracking masks
- Creating elements with shape layers
- Animating shapes and text
- Working with Illustrator files
- Animating a logo
- Creating 3D type extrusions
- Creating a simple camera in Z-space montage
- Keying video with Keylight
- Batch rendering and Dynamic Link rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Creating Presets and Controllerswith Nick Harauz1h 29m Intermediate
1. How After Effects Is Different from Premiere
2. Working with Masks and Shapes
3. Working with Type and Logos
4. Working with Stills and Video
5. Outputting Media
6. Example Techniques
7. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.