Join Maxim Jago for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with Photoshop files in After Effects, part of Video Production with Creative Suite 6.
Importing Photoshop documents into After Effects is very much the same as …importing any other kind of media. With the exception that After Effects …recognizes that it's a Photoshop document and gives you a couple more options than …you'd get from a piece of video, for example. …I've got a simple composition set up here in After Effects CS6, and I'm going to …import by double-clicking in the Project panel here. …I can, of course, also right-click and choose to import a file that way, and so …on and so on. I can go to the File menu, I'm just going …to double-click and I'm going to browse to this Photoshop document in the …Graphics folder. Amongst our other assets the paladin_logo.psd.…
Before I click Open, you'll notice that down here. …Because this is a Photoshop document, After Affects has recognized that this …gives me options whether I want to import this as footage. …As a composition, or as a composition with retained layer sizes. …Now, footage is pretty straightforward. You're going to get a single item in the bin. …
- Improving speech-to-text analysis with Story
- Organizing projects in Prelude
- Batch renaming with Bridge
- Preparing images for video in Illustrator
- Working with Photoshop files in Premiere Pro
- Round-tripping a soundtrack from Premiere Pro to Audition and back again
- Preparing content for After Effects in Premiere Pro
- Sending work from Premiere Pro to SpeedGrade
- Using Dynamic Link to share sequences between Premiere Pro and Encore
- Using the Media Encoder to output from After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 59m Beginner
After Effects CS6 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson8h 41m Beginner
Up and Running with DSLR Filmmakingwith Chad Perkins1h 10m Appropriate for all
Documentary Editing with Premiere Prowith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: An Overview of Dynamic Link and Round-Tripping
Using breakdown reports4m 56s
8. After Effects
11. Adobe Media Encoder
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.