Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Work with Illustrator files, part of After Effects CC 2018: Editors and Post Essential Training.
- [Instructor] As an editor, you're often provided…with logo assets in the form of vector files, like .EPS…or .AI files.…Animating a logo inside of After Effects…can call for a little bit of preparation…to maximize what you can do with those vector files.…Here, in this movie, we'll examine a few workflow steps…when working with Illustrator files in After Effects.…So, in my project, I have one empty composition…and we'll go ahead and import in a vector file.…We'll go ahead, double click on the project window,…and, in the Exercise Files folder, we'll go to Media,…FauxBrands, and this guy right here, this KinetEco.ai.…
And before we import this in,…let's go to the Options…and you'll notice that we have the option…to bring this in as Footage, Composition,…or Composition Retain Layer Sizes.…Let's go with option one for right now.…And After Effects brings this piece of artwork in…as flattened, essentially.…So, when we bring this into our composition,…you'll notice that we don't have any access…to the subcomponents that make up this one layer.…
- Linking Premiere Pro and After Effects dynamically
- Navigating timeline layers
- Working with keyframes
- Precomping elements
- Animating mask reveals and tracking masks
- Creating elements with shape layers
- Animating shapes and text
- Working with Illustrator files
- Animating a logo
- Creating 3D type extrusions
- Creating a simple camera in Z-space montage
- Keying video with Keylight
- Batch rendering and Dynamic Link rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Creating Presets and Controllerswith Nick Harauz1h 29m Intermediate
1. How After Effects Is Different from Premiere
2. Working with Masks and Shapes
3. Working with Type and Logos
4. Working with Stills and Video
5. Outputting Media
6. Example Techniques
7. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.