Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Work with 3D layers, part of After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Training.
- [Male Voice] With our 3D camera in place,…we can start to composite elements into our scene.…After Effects has the ability to…work with both 2D and 3D layers in the same composition.…In here, we'll continue to build our…scene with that in mind.…Previously we had used the camera tracker…to create a 3D camera as well as a reference…and when we play our shot we can see…that the null is following along with our footage.…We'll use that as a reference for…some of the other elements we'll introduce.…Over here I have a fire composition…that I created using turbulent noise, some particles.…
We'll go through how to create this in a later movie…but for now, let's go ahead and add that…as an element into our composition.…Let's go ahead and solo this.…You see that the fire emanates from the very bottom.…Because we want the fire to align with the ground plain,…let's go ahead and switch up our anchor point.…This anchor point right here,…we can move it by use of this tool,…the pan behind anchor point tool.…Let's go ahead and click and drag it.…
- Creating transparency
- Tracking masks in Motion
- Utilizing the Roto Brush tool
- Camera and motion tracking
- Working with 3D layers
- Using effects
- Creating destruction with Shatter
- Creating fire with particles
- Distorting layers with the Puppet tool
- Compositing 3D renders
- Creating virtual reality experiences
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen1h 52m Intermediate
1. Create Transparency
3. Work with Trackers
4. Work with Effects
5. Composite 3D Renders
6. Work with Rendering
Using Media Encoder3m 53s
7. Work with Immersive 360 VR
8. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.