The wiggle expression will give you random values for a particular property, based on two parameters, frequency and magnitude. How do these two parameters work together to give you random values? In this movie, author Luisa Winters demonstrates how to use the wiggle expression in an Adobe After Effects project.
- The wiggle expression is perhaps the one…that I use the most in After Effects.…Wiggle will give you random values for a particular property…based on two parameters, frequency and magnitude.…Frequency is how many times per second…you would like for the values to change,…and magnitude is how much you would like…for the values to change.…So, how often and how much.…Let's go ahead and open composition 2.3,…wiggle expression.…
In here, you're going to see a red sprocket,…and the rotation parameter.…Let's go ahead and add an expression to rotation.…Press and hold alter option, click on the stopwatch,…and now you can type the wiggle expression.…We have done this before.…All you have to do is type the word wiggle,…open parentheses.…Now, wiggle has two parameters that you need to consider.…That is frequency, which is measured in times per second.…You need to tell it how many times per second…you want to change the value.…
In this case I'm going to type a two, so twice per second,…comma, and then how much, so how often which is frequency,…
- Adding expressions
- Editing expressions manually
- Changing expression dimensions: rate, value, music amplitude, etc.
- Working with expression variables
- Using the Expression Language menu
- Using random values
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Apprentice: 09 Expressionswith Chris Meyer1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Advanced Photoshop Techniqueswith Ian Robinson2h 12m Intermediate
1. What Are Expressions?
2. Expression Dimensions
4. Expression Language Menu
5. Other Expressions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.