Join Todd Kopriva for an in-depth discussion in this video Why isn't there audio in my output file?, part of Adobe After Effects CS5: Frequently Asked Questions.
Frequently asked question about After Effects CS5. Why is there no audio or sound in my Output file? Let's say that I rendered and exported this composition, which I can see by pressing LL, includes a layer that has audio. And the Speaker icon is enabled, showing that audio is not muted. But yet, there is no audio in my Output file. What could be the problem? Well, let's have a look at the Render queue. And in the Output Module settings, notice that Audio Output is not checked.
Audio Output is not checked by default. So, to enable audio, check Audio Output, and click OK. Now what I've done is I've created an Output Module Template, so that when I add a composition to the Render Queue panel, Composition > Add To Render Queue, my special output module is applied. QuickTime, PNG, Lossless, which uses QuickTime container, put PNG Codec with audio enabled. So, if you know you'll be outputting audio in general, you might want to create your own Output Module Template that includes audio.
- What are the optimum memory settings for performance in After Effects?
- Why are my vector graphics from Illustrator pixelated?
- Why can't I see my changes until I let go of the mouse button?
- Why can't I see all of my motion path in the Composition panel?
- Why is there no sound in my output file?
- What's the best format for exporting from After Effects?
- Why is my output file huge, and why does it not play smoothly?
- How do I find tutorials and information about After Effects?