Join Todd Kopriva for an in-depth discussion in this video Why can't I see all of my motion path in the Composition panel?, part of Adobe After Effects CS5: Frequently Asked Questions.
Frequently asked question about After Effects CS5. Why can't I see all of my motion path in the Composition panel? For example, we have a Solid Color Layer in the Composition panel with position keyframes. As we drag the current time indicator, we see only a portion of the motion path is visible at any given time in the Composition panel. There's a preference setting. Go to Edit >Preferences> Display >Promotion path. You can choose to show no motion path, all the motion path, a specified number of keyframes in the motion path or a motion of the path associated with a specific duration, let's show all of the motion path.
Click, Okay. Now, the entire motion path appears in the Composition panel.
- What are the optimum memory settings for performance in After Effects?
- Why are my vector graphics from Illustrator pixelated?
- Why can't I see my changes until I let go of the mouse button?
- Why can't I see all of my motion path in the Composition panel?
- Why is there no sound in my output file?
- What's the best format for exporting from After Effects?
- Why is my output file huge, and why does it not play smoothly?
- How do I find tutorials and information about After Effects?