Join Eran Stern for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Fix It in Post.
- This course is based on real world problems and challenges I had to solve in post. Some of the solutions rely on the built-in tools that ships with Premier Pro, and some fixes are based on third party tools. First, I'll show you how far you can go with the built-in tools that ships with the program. Then I'm going to offer alternatives that rely on external plugins that you can add to Premier Pro. Now, don't worry if you don't own all of those tools.
My goal here is that you'll see what those plugins can do for you and only then decide if they are worth your money. In any case, you can download trial versions of all the tools that I'm going to show. So we are starting with NewBlueFX, and here we are going to use the Essentials Collection, which features tools such as fixing wide balance, skin touch-up, stabilizer, and many more.
Next is the BCC Image Restoration Unit from Boris FX. This is a fantastic collection of tools that can help you to fix flickering, noise problems, lens distortion, skin, and much more. Then we are also going to rely on two effects from Digital Anarchy, which are the Flicker Free effect and the Beauty Box plugin. We are also going to use few effects from the GenArts Sapphire family, as well as few Red Giant effects, such as the Denoiser and Cosmo.
And last but not least, we are going to take a look at Neat Video Solutions, which currently has the ugliest website, but they do make up for it with an outstanding technology. So this is the list of those plugins, and I remind you that you can download trial versions if you want to follow along with me.
- Fixing white balance problems
- Stabilizing shaky shots
- Fixing bad pixels
- Handling noise, grain, and banding
- Minimizing flicker and exposure issues
- Removing camera flashes
- Fixing skin problems
- Relighting a shot
- Performing lens corrections
- Fixing audio in post