Join Nick Harauz for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of After Effects Guru: Creating Presets and Controllers.
- So the first thing you need to know before watching this course is what version of After Effects you're working with. Currently, we're working with After Effects CC 2017 and you can find out what version of After Effects you're running by going to the After Effects menu and choosing About After Effects. This is going to be different on a PC. Now if you're running a previous version and have an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription, you can simply go to your Creative Cloud application and download the latest version. This course also assumes that you have a basic understanding of After Effects, but regardless, there's plenty of information in this course for all levels of experience.
- Creating text animation presets
- Creating custom vignette and fractal noise presets
- Creating a custom texture library
- Using a null object to control layered graphics
- Using the interpolation expression to link values
- Setting up a Universal Color Control
- Using prebuild expressions to drive camera animation and depth of field
- Creating a control layer to delay layer animation
- Saving your control layers and expressions