Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of After Effects Guru: Effects and Preset Management.
- There are a few things you should be comfortable with before you start this course. Because this is an After Effects Guru class, we'll be jumping in directly into the application. A lot of the precursor knowledge on how to use After Effects, as well as navigate, is assumed that you've already added it to your toolbox. If you feel pretty rusty in After Effects or you've never used it much, make sure you check out one of the Essential Training titles available here on lynda.com that matches your version, but don't worry, we'll explore Effects in detail. So even if you're not really familiar with using Effects in depth, you'll be quite comfortable by the end of this course.
I'll walk you through using Effects that are included from the Effect menu, or using presets to apply those Effects. We'll also explore how to modify those and really customize them. If you have a good working knowledge of After Effects, whether that be from a few years of professional use or you've already taken a course or two here on lynda.com, you should be ready for this class. Just make sure your software is up-to-date. I'll be using the Creative Cloud 2015 Edition but these core skills that I show, will work in older editions of the program as well.
So just pull down the latest version for your software, make sure it's installed on your system and we're ready to go.
- Applying and viewing presets
- Composing and saving presets
- Refining animation presets for custom results
- Browsing and loading presets
- Getting useful results from built-in presets