Join Ian Robinson for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of After Effects Guru: Advanced Photoshop Techniques.
- Now there are a few things you should know before you get started on this course. You should have a basic familiarity with Photoshop and After Effects. And if you have a little bit of knowledge about 3D applications, that would definitely be helpful as well. But don't worry, if you don't have a lot of experience with 3D, just a little, I think you'll be able to get through this. There are going to be a lot of different techniques in here, so the most important thing is just a basic familiarity with Photoshop and After Effects.
- Retouching video with the Healing Brush
- Color correcting video
- Saving time with preset lookup tables (LUTs)
- Creating custom LUTs
- Preparing still images for 3D camera moves
- Creating 3D animation
- Building environment maps to match graphics in footage
- Creating custom bump maps and textures for 3D models