Join Eran Stern for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of After Effects Guru: Integrating Type into Video.
- In this class, I'm going to assume that you possess prior knowledge of working inside the program and that you are familiar with creating animations, working with 3D scenes, and adding effects. If this is not the case, please took a look at the essential courses here at Lynda.com to bridge any gaps you may have. In any case, I'll still point out the key things you'll need to know and try to explain why I choose a particular tool as well as emphasize the reason and not just the technical process.
Since this is a project-based class, I'm not going to cover all aspects of the software, but rather concentrate on the commands and the tools needed for type-based graphics. This is a contextual course, so if you'll follow along, by the end of each chapter, you'll finish up with a sense of accomplishment and deeper understanding of the topics on hand.
- Analyzing your shot and making mood, story, and type decisions
- Working with lights, shadows, and 3D animation
- Rotoscoping, distorting, and displacing text
- Creating a motion graphics teaser using parenting and shoot-out animations
- Integrating 3D text into live video
- Working with ray-traced type
- Create advanced per-character 3D text animations