Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching the course, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Working with Type.
- In this class, I'm going to assume that you are relatively new to the applications. However, I hope that you have some experience working with both Photoshop and After Effects. If you've already used the applications, or you've taken a look at the essential training series here on Lynda.com, you're going to feel more comfortable. But, even if one or both of these apps are fairly new to you, I'll still make sure to point out the key things you're going to need to know. But rather than taking a look at everything these apps can do, we're going to take a very narrow look at specific commands and tools that are needed for type-based graphics.
Now, if you'd like to really fill in your knowledge, be sure to explore the many courses available here on Lynda.com, as well as the essential training series for both Photoshop and After Effects. But, no matter what your skill level, I'll try to get you up to speed, and share some really useful shortcuts along the way.
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using and customizing animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Linking text
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. An Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Adobe Premiere Pro Design Techniques
8. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Live templates2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.