- View Offline
- Making precise selections using the Color Range command
- Controlling reference material through layer masks
- Creating custom brushes
- Painting snow, icicles, and trees
- Painting through a high-contrast matte
- Replacing the sky in an image
- Animating smoke and falling snow
- Reformatting and rendering a scene in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Here's what you need to know before watching this video tutorial. First, even though I will be painting in the newest version, Photoshop CS6, and animating in After Effects 5.5, this course is not version-specific; all the tools I use are available in much older versions of these programs, even if the details of the interface may vary. I've made every effort to make this tutorial accessible to non-experts, but you will need to have basic Photoshop and After Effects skills. lynda.com offer several excellent introductory courses on these programs and both the Photoshop CS6 Essential Training and After Effects CS6 Essential Training are great starting points for anyone learning these programs.
But even if you are not an expert in either of these programs, I hope you'll be able to follow along and understand the techniques being demonstrated.
Sign up for a Premium Membership to download courses for Internet-free viewing.
Watch offline with your iOS, Android, or desktop app.Start Your Free Trial
After signing up, download the course here or from the iOS/Android App.