Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before taking the class, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Working with 3D Objects.
- In this course, I'm gonna assume you have a basic working knowledge of PhotoShop and After Effects. By no means do you need to be an expert. I'll walk you through all of the essential steps you need to import files and adjust them, as well as create some finished designs. But, if you feel basically comfortable with these two applications, you'll be in good shape. You don't need to be an expert, you don't need to know all of the top or most advanced features, but having a comfortable, working knowledge will really come in handy. The Motion Graphics for Editors course is all about teaching video editors how to get more out of tools like Photoshop and After Effects.
So, if you are completely new to these tools, make sure you check out some of the other courses in this series, as well as the Essential Training titles available here on lynda.com. If you feel comfortable, or just want jump in and sit back and watch, feel free. And along the way, if there's any skills you're not quite sure on, don't worry, just do a search here on lynda.com, and you can dig much deeper in any particular technique that you're gonna find useful.
- Working with 3D layers in Photoshop
- Using Vanishing Point Exchange
- Using 3D layers in After Effects
- Creating 3D content in Illustrator