Join Andy Needham for an in-depth discussion in this video What we'll create, part of Compositing a Cell Phone in After Effects.
- [Voiceover] We're going to take an animation…created in my Mograph course…on animated a mobile app,…and composite it into live action footage.…Our goal is to create a promo for the app,…so we'll be combining stock footage…with our composited shot,…and we'll also add an animated inboard.…By the end of the course,…it would be possible to use this promo…as part of a Kickstarter campaign,…to secure funding or simply…as promotional material on a website.…
Here, Andy Needham shows how to take the app mockup created in the companion course, After Effects: Creating a Mobile App Interface, and composite it into live-action footage of a smartphone. The final product is an animated promo video that helps visualize how the app will be used on a real device. Andy also covers storyboarding, tracking, keying, color correction, and a few audio tips. By the end of the course, you'll have more experience with the screen replacement workflow in After Effects and have a web-ready deliverable ready to share with the world.
- Planning with a storyboard
- Filming the phone
- Importing the live-action footage in After Effects
- Retiming the animation
- Tracking the shot in mocha AE
- Keying the screen with Keylight
- Adding an animated logo
- Rendering the shot
- Color correcting the composite