In this video, get a brief explanation of the concept of rigging for character animation.
- [Instructor] What is rigging? Essentially, rigging is creating the controls that will bring our puppet to life. If we think of a marionette, the puppeteer controls the strings that are connected to the puppet's various body parts. Rigs are a network of connections that allow for character movement. Character rigs can be as simple or as complex as you need them to be. A character's features and design on how they are supposed to move will greatly dictate how the rigs should be created, and the goal of this chapter is to help you get familiar with some of the rigging tools to create simple animations.
- Shape layers and masks
- Track mattes
- Rigging characters
- Using the Puppet tool for rigging
- Adding and adjusting keyframes
- Looping animation
- Animating with motion paths and motion sketch
- Adding cameras for multiplane environments
- Lighting animation
- Rendering animation
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2019 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Intermediate
1. Working with Layers and Shapes
2. Rigging Character Controls
3. Working with Animation
4. Creating Multiplane Environments
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.