Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video What is the correct color space for video?, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Terms and Technology.
- Besides the bit depth of the color,…it's important to realize that…there's different color modes.…Many graphics applications, such as Photoshop…and Illustrator are designed to create…outputs for many different needs.…Architects use Photoshop to work…with blueprints and 3D models.…And of course, photographers, imaging of all types,…find Adobe Photoshop useful.…And of course, when it comes to Illustrator…there are many traditional illustrators or animators…that use it and often times, these outputs…are intended for commercial printing.…
Well, in that case, it's CMYK.…Cyan, magenta, yellow, key, or black.…This is a subtractive color theory…and this type of color theory is useful…when it comes to print based graphics.…On the other hand, when we're designing for video,…we're working with additive color.…Red, green and blue combined to create white,…or essentially pure white light.…This is why a white light source…can be split apart using a prism…into all the colors of the rainbow.…
But if you were to combine equal parts…
- When to use vector vs. raster graphics
- Working with high-dynamic-range images
- Choosing the right color space
- Understanding file extensions and file formats
- Maintaining broadcast-safe color and luminance levels
- Configuring Photoshop and Illustrator workspaces and preferences
- Using templates
- Building titles
- Sizing photos or logos
- Saving Photoshop and Illustrator files for video graphics
Skill Level Beginner
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
After Effects CC Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 52m Appropriate for all
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)with Ashley Kennedy8h Appropriate for all
1. Core Technology for Video Graphics
2. Broadcast-Safe Issues
3. Setting Up Photoshop for a Video Workflow
4. Setting Up Illustrator for a Video Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.