- [Narrator] What is compositing?…Loosely, it's the combining of two or more…visual elements into a cohesive image.…As an example, compositing in its simplest form…is placing one image on top of another.…Like, adding a layer of text onto a picture,…or drawing a goofy mustache onto a selfie.…Building up smaller components like text, still images…and live action footage to create a more…complex composition is often the end goal…that could not be achieved otherwise.…Here, we'll take a look at an overview…of some of the key concepts and terminology…associated with compositing, and how they fit…within the realm of motion graphics.…
So here are some key concepts.…We have mattes, rotoscoping, keying,…blending modes, and tracking.…Mattes are used to isolate one portion of an image.…It essentially cuts out the portion of a picture…that you want to use or throw away.…In After Effects, mattes can be generated a number of ways,…including creating a mask directly on a layer,…or by having one layer reference…the transparency of another.…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/07/2018. What changed?
A: We added videos on two new features in Adobe CC 2018: the Essential Graphics panel and master properties.
After Effects Guru: Expressionswith Luisa Winters2h 28m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Keying with Keylightwith Luisa Winters1h 3m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Plugins You Should Knowwith Nick Harauz4h 46m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.