Discover how to create a TV stinger from start to finish. Create this common asset—and capture audience attention—using simple and effective motion graphics tools in After Effects.
- [Eran] Hello, and welcome to this course, in which I will show you how to create a TV stinger in After Effects. A TV stinger is a short clip that appears after a commercial break or after the closing credits have rolled. Its purpose is to call your attention to the next program or to place you in the context of the show. You can think about it as a short promo, and this is how I'll refer to it during the course of this course. My name is Eran Stern, and I'm a veteran motion graphics designer that works and rely on After Effects for more than 25 years now.
In this course, I'll show you how to create a TV stinger from start to end, staring with a stationary design and taking it to the different stages of animation, effects, 3D titles, transparency, and of course, final delivery. I'll also show you how to process client requests and fix issues after getting feedback. This course is aimed toward beginners, but I'm certain that even if you are an experienced user, you will learn new techniques and new tools that will help you to improve your experience with the software.
- Animating a layered Photoshop file
- Create an animated background
- Animating using effects
- Extruding and texturing 3D typography
- Creating an ending transition
- Faking motion blur
- Rendering a master file and a delivery file