Join EJ Hassenfratz for an in-depth discussion in this video What is Sketch and Toon?, part of Creating Motion Graphics with Sketch and Toon in Cinema 4D.
- In this course, we will go over CINEMA 4D's Sketch and Toon module. Sketch and Toon allows a 3D artist to become a 2D artist with a single click of a button. Sketch and Toon takes your 3D geometry and applies flat shading, as well as outlines to your objects in your project, turning your 3D shaded composition into an illustrative, or a cartoonish piece of work. With flat design in line art style trends being all the rage now, the long-established and underutilized Sketch and Toon is prime for a resurgence.
By going through this course, I aim to show how Sketch and Toon is great two-way bridge for both 2D and 3D artists alike. For 2D artists, Sketch and Toon allows you to work in a familiar stylized 2D look, while easing into working in a full-blown 3D space. For the 3D artist, Sketch and Toon opens up the world of 2D while staying in an app that you're fully comfortable in, and allows you to explore more illustrative styles.
After completing this course, you'll learn how to utilize Sketch and Toon to be able to create fully 2D illustrative style works completely inside of CINEMA 4D, opening up a whole new world possibilities for your creative endeavors.
- Overview of Sketch and Toon
- 2D shading with the Cel Shader
- Using Sketch Style tags
- Working with advanced stroke types
- Creating effects with advanced Sketch materials
- Adjusting Sketch and Toon options
- Rendering Sketch and Toon effects