Combine the skills taught in After Effects Apprentice to create a real-world video promo, from building artwork to assembling 3D precomps and setting the project to music.
- Hi, I'm Chris Meyer. - And I'm Trish Meyer. - And we'd like to welcome you to the final project for After Effects Apprentice Second Edition. In this course, you're going to be taking advantage of many of the skills you've been learning in the prior Apprentice lessons, to build a ten-second video promo. Before we get started, let's take a look at what you'll be building. (dramatic music) - [Trish] First I'm going to lead you through designing several of the individual elements used in the final piece, including building the elements that will become our floor, creating a stylized video screen, including transitions, importing a layered Illustrator file, plus animating those layers using the Stroke effect and the wiggle expression.
- Then I'll show you how to assemble those individual elements into a final composition, including timing animations to music, creating a 3-D camera move, working with 3-D text, and arranging 3-D lights and shadows. At the end, I'll also show you how to accommodate the series of potential client changes, share some ideas on rendering strategies, and work through recreating the Illustrator dial element using After Effects shape layers. - We hope you've enjoyed the lessons from After Effects Apprentice and have picked up many new tricks along the way.
Now we have a chance to put it all together. So let's dive in.
The After Effects Apprentice series was created by Trish and Chris Meyer. These tutorials are designed for After Effects CS4 through CC, and can be used on their own or as a companion to the Meyer's book, After Effects Apprentice.
- Building a 3D world
- Working with layered Illustrator files
- Synchronizing to music
- Using text animation presets
- Rendering strategies
- Working with widescreen video, including 4:3 center cut and safe area considerations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Floor
2. The Video Wall
3. The Dial
4. Creating the Main Composition
5. The Camera Move
6. Creating a Title
7. Lighting and Shadows
8. Further Polish
9. Finishing the Comps
10. Client Changes
11. Render Strategies
12. Bonus: Creating the Ring inside After Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.