Learn how to perform core editing and post production operations in After Effects 2018, including working with masks, shapes, text, logos, stills, and video. Rendering and outputting are also covered.
- Hi, I'm Alan Demafiles, and welcome to this course, where we'll cover essentials for using After Effects from an editing context. In this course, we'll take look at how we can use After Effects to enhance our Premiere Pro workflow. We'll look at a powerful type tool, and how adding type animators offers abilities to manipulate text, even directly in our Premiere Pro timeline. I'll show you how to work with masks and shapes to hide and reveal some of our images. We'll look at how to change our 2D layers to 3D layers and add 3D geometry to extrude our text and logos.
Finally, I'll show you how to render the compositions and how to dynamically link them back into Premiere Pro. It's our aim for this course to help you learn the features of After Effects that can easily benefit the production of your Premiere Pro projects. I hope that what you learn here will serve as a springboard that pushes your creativity to greater heights by using both After Effects and Premiere Pro together. So if you're ready to start taking your timelines to a new level, then let's get started.
- Linking Premiere Pro and After Effects dynamically
- Navigating timeline layers
- Working with keyframes
- Precomping elements
- Animating mask reveals and tracking masks
- Creating elements with shape layers
- Animating shapes and text
- Working with Illustrator files
- Animating a logo
- Creating 3D type extrusions
- Creating a simple camera in Z-space montage
- Keying video with Keylight
- Batch rendering and Dynamic Link rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Creating Presets and Controllerswith Nick Harauz1h 29m Intermediate
1. How After Effects Is Different from Premiere
2. Working with Masks and Shapes
3. Working with Type and Logos
4. Working with Stills and Video
5. Outputting Media
6. Example Techniques
7. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.