Motion graphics/VFX artist Ran Ben Avraham shows how to create a 3D animated product visualization shot (a shower with realistic water streams) with After Effects and the Elements 3D plugin.
- [Ran] Hey good folks. My name is Ran Ben Avraham. In this course we'll learn how to create a shower ambient scene inside After Effects including a shower head, water stream, steam and a background all in two 3D space. During this course we'll focus mainly on the water stream, its look, behavior and ways to control and animate it in the most natural looking manner. My aim is for you to truly understand the process of turning the particular effect into multiple similar but not identical water streams and that is why during this course I'm prolonging on various aspects of the working pipeline.
By the time you'll finish this course you will have the knowledge and understanding of how to treat the different parameters into giving you the result you're aiming for. (water gushes)
This is a project-based learning experience. Each step of the process is rich with object lessons that are applicable to the variations that a motion design and compositing artist will face in the real world.
- Creating a showerhead 3D mesh
- Creating a single stream of water with a particle system
- Creating a full water stream
- Animating the scene camera
- Adding a background image
- Adding steam and haze
- Creating a depth-of-field camera
- Adding final compositing tweaks like light wrapping and grain