Discover how to effectively apply 3D motion and compositing effects in After Effects to create superior time-lapse shots.
- Hi, I'm Keith Kiska. In this course, we'll be discussing how to take your time-lapse shots to the next level with post-production tools like After Effects. We'll be adding 3D motion and use special composting techniques to create superior time-lapse shots. This course will explain in detail how to add dynamic movement to your static shots, introduce elements like text animation, replacing skies and even add hyper zooms to your bag of tricks. I've been using these techniques since I first started shooting time-lapses and I can tell you firsthand, they make a difference.
I'm a huge advocate of getting it right in camera, but that does not mean you stop there. With software like After Effects, having a solid understanding of how compositing works won't just allow you to fix a shot, your entire approach to shooting time-lapses will change because of what you know can be done in After Effects. And that's a game changer. So let me show you what I'm talking about as we crack open some freshly shot time-lapse files and get to work.
- Adding 3D motion to static shots
- Enhancing motion in motion shots
- Creating a HyperZoom in time-lapse shots
- Adding text to shots
- Compositing natural skies or background elements
- Compositing foreground elements for motion or depth of field
- Removing unwanted elements from shots