Dive into After Effects CC 2017. Learn essential motion graphic skills, including basic animation techniques and creating 3D text and geometry.
- [Instructor] Hi, I'm Alan Demafiles and welcome to this course where we cover essentials for creating motion graphics using After Effects. We'll look at its powerful type tool and see how adding type animators offers abilities to manipulate text that simply does not exist in other packages. Shape layers give us some of the power of Adobe Illustrator's vector tools directly inside of After Effects, along with the unique ability to add animation properties that become the foundation to the visual vocabulary used in today's motion graphics. We'll also cover essential animation techniques used to create more depth and personality to your projects.
Later, we'll touch on how we can introduce another dimension, literally, to our compositions by use of 3D layers and 3D geometry. Finally, we touch on several essential workflow tips that no beginner should start without. In addition to finishing out your project by rendering out a movie that you can then share with the world. So if you're ready to start expressing your creativity, let's get started.
- Working with shape layers, animation, compositing, and type
- Using Basic After Effects 3D
- Building a basic camera rig
- Using the Cinema 4D renderer
- Using Cinema 4D Lite
- Creating 3D text and 3D geometry
- Adding compositions to the Render Queue
- Recording multiple files with the Render Queue
- Using Adobe Media Encoder
- Using prerenders
- Collapsing transformations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
Using prerenders6m 34s
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
Collapse transformations7m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.