Learn four unique After Effects type treatments that integrate directly with the action on screen. Find out how to explode text, create liquid text, map text to moving objects, and animate type in Z space.
- View Offline
- Hey, my name is Eran Stern. I'm a video editor and a motion graphic designer with great passion for teaching. In this project based course we are going to build four different trailers that showcase an integration between video and title animation. We'll use the tools inside Adobe After Effects to make it happen and a long the way you'll get a chance to learn a handful of the connects from tracking, rotoscoping, and distorting to particles effect, fancy transition, and color removes.
Each chapter in this course is a small individual project that illustrates how good design can help you to communicate the message clearly. I'll share with you different approaches and remind you of a few overlooked effects that can help you to create impressive promos, trailers and openers that will stand out from the rest. So, let's get started to learn how to integrate type into video.
Along the way, Eran demos a handful of advanced techniques, from tracking, rotoscoping, and particles to distortion and camera effects. After watching this course, you'll be able to create impressive promos, trailers, and openers that will stand out from the rest.
- Dandelion type: exploding text into dozens of seeds
- Time remapping
- Tracking text
- Rotoscoping with Roto Brush
- Floating type: creating a liquid text simulation
- Designing with shape layers
- Creating water effects with caustics
- Perspective type: attaching type to moving guitar neck
- Planner tracking with mocha AE
- Pasting tracing data
- Matching focus
- Hot spot type: adding motion graphics to a runner's steps
- Camera tracking
- Adding titles
- Creating a pulse effect