Learn how to build a template-based project in After Effects that can be packaged to share with colleagues or to sell on Adobe's Creative Cloud Market.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Angie Taylor. Welcome to my course Creating Project Templates with After Effects. Motion graphic designers and editors are always on the lookout for new, flexible template projects for After Effects. Building templates to satisfy this demand can be a great way for designers like us to earn additional income. In this course, I'll teach you all the skills you need to build an entire After Effects template project and prepare it for selling online. I'll cover lots of different After Effects techniques along the way to creating a template project for a HUD style interface.
We'll begin by experimenting with ideas, coming up with lots of interesting design elements to use within the template project. To keep our project as flexible and open as possible, we'll use text and shape players to build a project that needs no additional source files or plugins. I'll share some great little tricks to help you push these elements to come up with a ton of new ideas. Animating elements using expressions makes it easy for the user of your template project to adjust durations and have animations update automatically.
I'll show you how this can be done. You'll discover ways of controlling color globally for your project by providing the user with easy controllers so they don't have to delve into the intricate property controls for individual layers and comps. I'll share my recommended workflow for good project management, and show you how to add notes within the After Effects interface. Making it easier for the user to make the most of your template project. Once the project is complete, I'll suggest methods of testing including surveys and user testing.
I'll tell you how to finish off the process by writing documentation and finally selling your project template online. So, let's dive in and discover this fun, creative way to make additional income from your After Effects skills.
- Coming up with project ideas
- Planning projects
- Building backgrounds and graphical animated elements
- Formatting text
- Structuring the project with controller layers
- Working with color
- Optimizing projects
- Making templates easy for others to use
- Packaging your template project
- Selling your project