Filmmaker Maxim Jago shows how to color correct and add visual effects to create a distinct look for a video electronic press kit (EPK).
- [Maxim] Hello there. I'm Maxim Jago, and welcome to EPK Editing Workflows 03: Color Correction, Visual Effects, and Fine Tuning. This course is part of a six-part series that breaks down producing content for a music video EPK, using Adobe Creative Cloud. Producing a professionally finished video can take weeks with several layers of revision. For this series, I'll show you the techniques you will use on a regular basis to produce this kind of work.
In the final course, I'll show you a real-world example. In this course, we'll be looking at visual effects and color correction work with Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, and SpeedGrade. We'll begin with some core principles and standard effects like reading scopes and working with color wheels and curves. Then we'll move on to sharing creative work between Premiere Pro and SpeedGrade to apply both quick fixes and subtle nuanced grading adjustments.
We'll be working in After Effects too. I'll be demonstrating some creative uses of special effects in the hope of inspiring you to try out new effect combinations and new approaches to achieving a professional finish for your work. Let's get started with EPK Editing Workflows 03: Color Correction, Visual Effects, and Fine Tuning.
- Assessing your video footage
- Repairing and color correcting media
- Warming and cooling clips
- Shot matching
- Workflows with Adobe Premiere Pro, SpeedGrade, and After Effects
- Combining creative visual effects