Use the shape tools in After Effects to create animations that are elegant, render quickly, and scale beautifully at any size.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Eran Stern, and welcome to Motion Graphics: Shape Animation in After Effects. In this course we'll explore the usage of Shape tools in After Effects in order to communicate an idea while visually keeping it simple. This course is based on a real world project, which will help us to explore these techniques. I'll start by showing you how to create a custom wipe animation based on shapes, masks, and layer styles.
Then I'll show you how to set up a very cool animation using mathematical operations which paint over time. We'll also explore one of the most common usage of motion graphics, which is repetitive animations. On top of this, we're also going to cover vector shaped morphing, plus plenty of other tools and techniques. Now, let's get started with Motion Graphics: Shape Animation in After Effects.
- Creating a basic circle animation reveal
- Cascading animation with masks and modes
- Dividing shapes and painting them in over time
- Revealing text
- Building a repetitive shape animation
- Morphing between shapes