Learn the terms and technology that will help you understand how vector and raster graphics are prepped and formatted for use in video and motion graphics.
- Hi, my name's Rich Harrington, and welcome. Today, we're gonna be taking a look at some of the essential terminology as well as technology that's used when creating graphics for use in video project. It doesn't matter if you're creating motion graphic elements set to going to tools like Adobe After Effects or Apple Motion, or creating elements to bring into a non-linear editing system, like Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro or Avid. We're gonna cover the essential things you need to know to prepare both vector and raster graphics. Now, along the way I'll share a few techniques.
This entire course though is meant as a primer, something to help you feel technically sound so you can tackle more advanced classes with design topics. Throughout today's course, I'm gonna focus on the core technologies that you need to master. There's gonna be a lot of focus on the right terminology, so you really feel confident, and as you move from one program to another, you'll know what to look for. Now, we're gonna focus on Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator as our preparation tools, but the end result for delivery can vary greatly. You might be using a motion graphics application, a color grading tool, or a non-linear editor, that's okay, we'll focus on getting files ready for all of those.
- When to use vector vs. raster graphics
- Working with high-dynamic-range images
- Choosing the right color space
- Understanding file extensions and file formats
- Maintaining broadcast-safe color and luminance levels
- Configuring Photoshop and Illustrator workspaces and preferences
- Using templates
- Building titles
- Sizing photos or logos
- Saving Photoshop and Illustrator files for video graphics
Skill Level Beginner
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
After Effects CC Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 52m Appropriate for all
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)with Ashley Kennedy8h Appropriate for all
1. Core Technology for Video Graphics
2. Broadcast-Safe Issues
3. Setting Up Photoshop for a Video Workflow
4. Setting Up Illustrator for a Video Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.