Recombine render-pass sequences of a space scene from Maya and add special effects in After Effects.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Lee Lanier and welcome to VFX Techniques. (spaceship propelling) (shoots) (explosion) In this course, we'll take render pass image sequences of a space scene and recombine them in After Effects. We'll integrate shifting component render passes to recreate a spaceship and exploding asteroid. We'll refine the renders by applying effects and generating particles simulations. We'll replicate glows, lens flairs, film grain, and camera motion in the pausing program.
We'll be covering all these features plus plenty of other tools and techniques. Now let's get started.
- Setting up the project in After Effects
- Combining background elements
- Layering render passes
- Adapting stock footage
- Adding After Effects particles
- Color grading the composite
- Adding camera shake and grain