Get on-location tips and post-production techniques to speed up time and create compelling visual effects with time-lapse photography.
- View Offline
- Hi my name's Rich Harrington. We are out here at Red Rock Canyon just outside of Las Vegas Nevada and we're going to be shooting some time lapse. I'm very excited, because it's going to be a chance for me to walk you through the whole process. We're going to explore everything from the gear you need, to how to set up your camera, and then later on, we'll go back into the studio and we'll post-process all the pieces to make some great looking shots. Also be joined today by some guests who are going to share some techniques. It's going to be a really exciting class. It's a beautiful day, we've got a lot to do, so let's get started.
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. We are honored to host this content in our library.
- What is time-lapse photography?
- Why shoot with a still camera?
- Choosing a frame size and frame rate
- Using an internal or external intervalometer
- Selecting a memory card
- Tracking the sun's position
- Deciding how long to shoot
- Using a slider
- Shooting time lapse on a smartphone or tablet
- Removing noise and spots with Adobe Camera Raw
- Importing the image sequence
- Refining the duration and frame rate
- Blending frames
- Creating variable speed effects
- Exporting your sequence