Create animated 3D type with a cracked and smoking look, using CINEMA 4D and After Effects.
- [Voiceover] Hello, I'm Ian Robinson, and in this course we're going to cover how to create some glowing and smoking text. (text crashing) (text shattering) (loud thumping) I'm going to show you how we can shatter that text apart only to have the pieces bounce through the scene and finally knock the camera over. We'll cover some of the finer points of how to gain control of seemingly random dynamic actions, how to use render passes from Cinema 4D to create glows efficiently in After Effects without using global illumination.
Also, we'll use those same passes to create controlled particle animations using red giant particular. There's a ton of information to cover. Let's go ahead and get started.
- Modeling type in CINEMA 4D
- Building fractured letters with the Thrausi plugin
- Creating dynamic camera moves
- Refining animation with MoDynamics, force, gravity & collisions
- Adding lighting, glows, and reflections
- Creating smoke with particles