Master the art of combining text and motion to express ideas in the form of animation designed to accompany spoken word or music.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Angie Taylor, art director, author and motion graphic designer. I Use Adobe After Effects daily for creating animations, motion graphic designs, visual effects and music videos. I'm often kept busy creating text animations for opening title sequences, credits and other graphics. I love the challenge of making text come to life onscreen. Now kinetic typography is an art form, combining text and motion to express ideas in the form of automation.
Usually, it's a spoken word on music. This workshop features an animation project I worked on in collaboration with artist and musician, Richard Walker. In this unique workshop, we'll build an entire real-world, kinetic typography project step-by-step. I'll share several of my techniques with you such as workflow specifically designed for kinetic typography using Photoshop variables and actions to automate text features, re-creating classic graphics with shape and text layers in After Effects and how to understand animators.
I'll show you some new 3-D features from After Effects CS 5.5 and how they can positively impact your designs. Lastly, I'll be covering more technical aspects of kinetic typography like automating tedious processes in Photoshop, building successful project structures, and creating efficient workflows in After Effects. You may be the type of learner who follows along step-by-step, practicing as you go; or you may prefer to just sit back and watch as I demonstrate tips and techniques.
Either choice works well with this course. All the files required to follow along are pre-provided for you. And once you've watched this workshop, your brain will just come alive with creative ideas on how you can design and animate text with Adobe's Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects.
- Working with audio
- Preparing source files
- Structuring your After Effects project
- Working with shapes and effects
- Optimizing performance
- Animating text
- Creating 3D animation
- Using expressions to create motion
- Rendering your final movie
Skill Level Appropriate for all
After Effects CS6 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson8h 41m Beginner
1. Working with Audio
2. Preparing Source Files
3. Structuring Your After Effects Project
4. Working with Shapes
5. Working with Effects
6. Optimizing Performance
7. Animating Text
8. Creating 3D Animation
9. Using Expressions to Create Motion
10. Rendering Your Final Movie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.