Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Warp Stabilizer, part of After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Training.
- [Instructor] The wobbling of a camera…during a handheld shot might seem like…a difficult starting point…if you want to insert a visual effects element.…Thankfully, After Effects has a tool called…Warp Stabilizer VFX that…not only will balance out shaky shots,…but also enable us to more easily integrate…VFX elements into our background plate.…So here, in this plate, you can see that…the camera has just a little bit of wobble.…And let's go ahead…and use Warp Stabilizer VFX to smooth this out.…So before we enable it, let's go ahead and makes sure…that our resolution is set to full…to give After Effects all the detail it needs.…
We'll right-click on Layer One…and say Warp Stabilizer VFX.…And it's analyzing in the background,…meaning we can still continue…working in other parts of After Effects.…And over here, we have a progress bar, and once it's done,…it'll give us a solution that is going to be…much smoother than where we started off.…So there it is, smooth;…there it is, with the wobble.…And so, depending on the severity of shake in your shot,…
- Creating transparency
- Tracking masks in Motion
- Utilizing the Roto Brush tool
- Camera and motion tracking
- Working with 3D layers
- Using effects
- Creating destruction with Shatter
- Creating fire with particles
- Distorting layers with the Puppet tool
- Compositing 3D renders
- Creating virtual reality experiences
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen1h 13m Intermediate
1. Create Transparency
3. Work with Trackers
4. Work with Effects
5. Composite 3D Renders
6. Work with Rendering
Using Media Encoder3m 53s
7. Work with Immersive 360 VR
8. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.