Join Eran Stern for an in-depth discussion in this video Walk-through of the tech-startups scene, part of After Effects Breakdowns: Social Tech Infographics.
- [Voiceover] I must admit that almost all the parts…of this project are interesting,…and we can learn quite a bit by deconstructing.…But I don't want to overload you with too much information.…So, I chose two compositions which demonstrate…the most interesting and educational parts of this movie.…The first composition that we'll break down…is this "TECH STARTUPS" scope,…that explains the startup world…where were learn that only in 2014…we had more than…1,300,000 new companies in that field.…
So, this is the final animation.…And first, I want to show you how it was made,…and then we'll tackle…two specific areas in this composition:…The space, so those stars inside the circle,…and also the tiny rocket ships that were created…with the help of Trapcode Particular.…But, first let me just show you how…this composition was made, layer by layer.…So let's go down and start to isolate those layers.…
We are starting with the background image,…we already saw this image,…this yellow banana which sometimes…have a little bit of a texture on top of it.…
Eran shows how to decode a client brief, perform storyboarding in Illustrator, and then transition the design to After Effects for animation. Along the way, he weaves in tips, shortcuts, and professional techniques that will amaze both veteran After Effects users and new motion graphics artists.
- Analyzing a client brief
- Designing a storyboard with Illustrator
- Automating animations with Animation Composer
- Creating custom particles with Particular
- Crashing simulations using Newton