Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Versatile uses of Turbulent Noise, part of After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Training.
- The use of noise in visual effects has plenty…of applications.…We can use it to create natural elements like smoke,…clouds, fog, and even organic material.…Here, we'll use it to replace the sky…with a much more dramatic backdrop.…Here in our footage, we have our actors looking down…at the camera and the camera is pointing up at the sky.…That sky is pretty non-existent,…there's not really much there…which gives us the creative freedom…to art direct our own clouds or our own sky.…Let's go ahead and add in one and you can see…that we have a pretty surreal looking cloud scape…going through, behind our scene.…
Let's go ahead and see how we can recreate this.…I'm going to create a brand-new composition here.…We'll call it sky and I'll leave it at 1280 x 720.…Here, we'll right-click and create a brand-new solid…and we'll call this clouds.…On this layer, we'll go ahead…and type in turbulent noise right here.…Click turbulent noise and add that to our cloud layer…and you can see that automatically we start…to have something that could pass as clouds or fog.…
- Creating transparency
- Tracking masks in Motion
- Utilizing the Roto Brush tool
- Camera and motion tracking
- Working with 3D layers
- Using effects
- Creating destruction with Shatter
- Creating fire with particles
- Distorting layers with the Puppet tool
- Compositing 3D renders
- Creating virtual reality experiences
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen1h 52m Intermediate
1. Create Transparency
3. Work with Trackers
4. Work with Effects
5. Composite 3D Renders
6. Work with Rendering
Using Media Encoder3m 53s
7. Work with Immersive 360 VR
8. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.