Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video VR motion tracking workflow, part of After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Training.
- So far, we've only worked with 360 video…captured from cameras that haven't moved their position.…In this movie, we'll work with footage…that does have a moving camera.…We'll see how to stabilize it,…as well as motion track an element into our scene.…So here in this composition, I've got a clip of…a camera flying through this desert.…And you can see just how wobbly it is,…our horizon's bouncing up and down,…and ultimately that's going to be…pretty jarring for the end viewer…as they see it inside of their VR headset.…So, we need to stabilize this.…To do that, we'll come over here to the VR Comp Editor,…and I'll add in a 3D edit.…
You'll notice here that we have a…dialog box asking us which composition…we want to use as the source.…I want to select my "desert" comp.…And I know it's a width of 1920…so we'll match that here for the comp width.…I'll hit Add 3D Edit and After Effects will do the…necessary work to give us this 3D edit to work with.…I'll hit play and you can see just how shaky it is.…Now, I'll go over to my Properties box…
- Creating transparency
- Tracking masks in Motion
- Utilizing the Roto Brush tool
- Camera and motion tracking
- Working with 3D layers
- Using effects
- Creating destruction with Shatter
- Creating fire with particles
- Distorting layers with the Puppet tool
- Compositing 3D renders
- Creating virtual reality experiences
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen1h 52m Intermediate
1. Create Transparency
3. Work with Trackers
4. Work with Effects
5. Composite 3D Renders
6. Work with Rendering
Using Media Encoder3m 53s
7. Work with Immersive 360 VR
8. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.