Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video VR and Cinema 4D Lite, part of After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Training.
- [Instructor] After Effects comes with Cinema 4D Lite…as part of your Creative Cloud installation.…Here, we'll cover the workflow to get After Effects…and Cinema 4D working together to benefit our VR workflow.…Now some of you may be new to Cinema 4D,…and if you like what you see here,…I encourage you to check out other courses in the library…to get started on your Cinema 4D journey.…In this exercise file, I'll show you the end results…of what we can accomplish with both applications together.…So here I have some footage of an aerial shot…where we're moving away from this little mountain range,…and if I go over to my VR Comp Editor…and open up this Edit 1 here, we can look around,…and as this footage plays,…you can see that we have this ground here.…
And I've added in some 3D objects here…courtesy of Cinema 4D Lite.…Let's turn on Layer 2, and you can see that…I've added in this text here that says 360 VR,…and if I orbit around, that text or that object…will move along with my footage.…So I have a pyramid, a sphere, a cube down there,…
- Creating transparency
- Tracking masks in Motion
- Utilizing the Roto Brush tool
- Camera and motion tracking
- Working with 3D layers
- Using effects
- Creating destruction with Shatter
- Creating fire with particles
- Distorting layers with the Puppet tool
- Compositing 3D renders
- Creating virtual reality experiences
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen1h 13m Intermediate
1. Create Transparency
3. Work with Trackers
4. Work with Effects
5. Composite 3D Renders
6. Work with Rendering
Using Media Encoder3m 53s
7. Work with Immersive 360 VR
8. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.