- View Offline
- Disguising tracking marks with rotoscoping and effects
- Preparing footage for motion tracking
- Planar motion tracking a face in mocha
- Applying tracking data to artwork in After Effects
- Fine-tuning motion tracking curves in After Effects
- Animating text and graphic elements
- Applying color and light effects
- Batch rendering the final comp
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Lee Lanier. Welcome to VFX Techniques: Tracking Objects onto a Face. In this course, we'll learn how to build a complex visual effects composite using video footage and artwork. We'll use After Effects and mocha. (electronic humming) I'll start by showing you how to use rotoscoping in the effects to create digital makeup. Then I'll show you how to transfer footage into mocha and how to generate planar tracking data.
We'll use that data to impart camera motion to otherwise static layers. We'll see how to apply tracking data to artwork in After Effects. We'll use additional effects and animation to create motion graphics for a heads up display. We'll be covering these features and many other tools and techniques. Now, let's get started with VFX Techniques: Tracking Objects onto a Face.