VFX Techniques: Tracking Objects onto a Face
VFX Techniques introduces common yet critical visual effects techniques that are used in film and television shows on a regular basis. This installment shows how to build complex composites with Adobe After Effects and mocha, where motion graphics are mapped to live-action footage of an actor. Author Lee Lanier starts by combining rotoscoping and effects to digitally apply makeup to an actor to disguise motion tracking marks. Then discover how to transfer footage into mocha and generate planar tracking data that you can use to motion track graphics to the moving face of the actor. Plus, learn how to build and adjust motion graphics to create the look of a virtual tattoo and a pair of holographic heads-up glasses.
- Disguising tracking marks with rotoscoping and effects
- Preparing footage for motion tracking
- Planar motion tracking a face in mocha
- Applying tracking data to artwork in After Effects
- Fine-tuning motion tracking curves in After Effects
- Animating text and graphic elements
- Applying color and light effects
- Batch rendering the final comp
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Lee Lanier. Welcome to VFX Techniques: Tracking Objects onto a Face. In this course, we'll learn how to build a complex visual effects composite using video footage and artwork. We'll use After Effects and mocha. (electronic humming) I'll start by showing you how to use rotoscoping in the effects to create digital makeup. Then I'll show you how to transfer footage into mocha and how to generate planar tracking data.
We'll use that data to impart camera motion to otherwise static layers. We'll see how to apply tracking data to artwork in After Effects. We'll use additional effects and animation to create motion graphics for a heads up display. We'll be covering these features and many other tools and techniques. Now, let's get started with VFX Techniques: Tracking Objects onto a Face.
VFX Techniques: Crowd Replication with After Effects70,361 Views
VFX Techniques: Creating Particle Effects55,925 Views
VFX Techniques: Building Replacement with After Effects86,864 Views
Advanced Compositing, Tracking, and Roto Techniques with After Effects45,744 Views
Up and Running with Optical Flares56,515 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,678,359 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,632,490 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery302,647 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training632,647 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced392,295 Views