- Animating the spaceship and asteroid
- Animating cameras to follow the action
- Setting key and fill lights
- Creating layers for the sun, stars, and planet
- Setting up shadow and lighting layers
- Creating mental ray render passes
- Exploding geometry in a dynamic simulation
- Attaching nParticle emitter to bodies
- Batch rendering render layers
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Lee Lanier, and welcome to VFX Techniques. In this course we'll take models of a spaceship and asteroid and animate them flying through space. We'll set up dynamic simulations by shattering the asteroids surface. We'll refine the simulations by adjusting fields and solvers. We'll see how to create custom render layers and navigate render passes for the space scene. We'll be covering all these features plus plenty of other tools and techniques. Now, let's get started.
VFX Techniques: Crowd Replication with After Effectswith Lee Lanier2h 54m Intermediate
VFX Techniques: Tracking Objects onto a Facewith Lee Lanier2h 42m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Animating the Shot
3. Lighting the Shot
4. Setting Up Render Layers
5. Dynamically Exploding Geometry
6. Adding a Particle Simulation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.