- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Running particle simulations to create beams and sparks
- Altering the beams with distortion, blur, and color effects
- Creating interactive lighting through masking and color grading
- Creating set damage by rotoscoping and integrating matte paintings
- Animating post camera moves
- Matching effects through multiple shots
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Lee Lanier and welcome to VFX Techniques: Creating a Laser Battle. In this course, we'll look at ways to generate laser beams using effects built right into after-effects. Let's take a quick look at the final result. (laser beams shooting) I'll start by showing you how to set up particle simulations to create the basic building blocks of beams, sparks and flares. Then I'll show you how to use masking and blending tools to create animated laser beams. We'll see how the application of color and blur effects can give you a wide range of results.
We'll be covering all these features plus plenty of other tools and techniques. So let's get started with VFX Techniques: Creating a Laser Battle.
VFX Techniques: Creating Particle Effectswith Lee Lanier2h 50m Intermediate
After Effects CC Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 52m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Running Particle Simulations
3. Assembling a Gun Blast
4. Adding Set Damage
5. Adding a Third Blast
6. Wrapping Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.