- View Offline
- Stabilizing and relighting video footage
- Constructing a 3D environment in After Effects
- Incorporating stock footage effects, such as fireballs
- Fine-tuning CG particle renders
- Layering CG debris simulations
- Incorporating matte painted elements
- Animating a 3D camera in After Effects
- Color grading video, CG renders, and static artwork
- Adding flares, grain, and motion blur
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Lee Lanier, and welcome to VFX Techniques: Creating Explosions with 3D Layers. In this course, we'll look at how to use 3D layer to add destruction to a castle. I'll start by showing you how to stabilize and mask video footage to break it into multiple layers. Then I'll show you how to convert 2D layers into 3D layers and arrange them in 3D space with a 3D camera. We'll see how to layer CG render and video effects footage to destroy sections of the building.
We'll be covering all these techniques plus many other After Effects tools. So let's get started with VFX Techniques: Creating Explosions with 3D Layers.